Halloween party ideas 2015

Who is God for you?

The statue of Jesus Christ in Marini city,
Cave de’tirreni, Salerno, Italy
I make this question for the children at St Christina's parish today, Who is God for you? This is the Jesus’s question for his apostles. Like we read at the Mt 16: 13-20 today. There were many answers from them. But, before they answer I tell them my story for this holiday.

Three weeks ago, I went to the Lord, French with the pilgrim’s group of UNITALSI. There was come from Mantova, Cremona, e Lombardia. One day, a young boy made question for me, “Do you believe in God?”
“Yes, of course,” I said.
He is a Catholic so that he said again, “But, who is Jesus for you?”
“Jesus is my God, the person where, I believe, that give me Ten Commandments, that encourage me to love one another,” I said.

He didn’t make question again. He looks understand and agree with my opinion, my answer. This is the first time I heard a young boy make this question. I like if many boys makes the question. It is the question of the faith. The faith must be explained, although it’s not easy. In fact, it is more difficult so that we can’t explain.

I make this question for the children and they answer very well. Who is God for you? God is the Savior, the Redeemer, my brothers, the person who listens my pray, and so on.

Very interesting. They answer spontaneously. It is not like the answer of the student of theology, the lecturer of theology, the parish priest, and so on. The answers are very simple. I like these answers. For me, God is the guide. He gives me a guidance. So that, I must learn, I must see, I must follow, where his guidance is.

The figure of Peter that I heard today is the model of the faithful. He follows the Jesus since he meet the first time, since he knows that Jesus is his God, his teacher. The last, he realizes that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Who is God for you? Let us explore, let us reflect this question.

Happy Sunday

Gordi


Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.