Halloween party ideas 2015

The Lateran Basilica in Rome


Sunday, 11 November 2014, I remember the Basilica of Lateran in Rome, Italy. Today, the Catholic Church of Rome celebrated the Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome. In the letters we read today, we can see how the home of God is very saint. The temple in the ancient and the temple in Jesus’ era were saints. The temple is the home of God. God lives there. This was the vision at that time. I think, this vision has not changed. Now, we have this vision. The temple is the home of God. In Christian or Catholic, the temple is the Church. The temple, the synagogue, the church, the mosque, and others are the home of God. We go there to meet God. 

I remember, one year a go, I have visited the Basilica of Lateran with my friend Fonsi and Sergio and Father Eugenio, SX. Long time ago, I have known this post. I have read in the story books and in the school books. Every year we celebrate the Feast of the Dedication of this basilica. But, at that time, I was happy because I see the place. Not in imagining like I have seen before. It appears the great home, great building. Yes, this is the cathedral of the diocese of Rome. This basilica also is called the mother of Churches. It is the mother of all churches. I don’t find the significance of ‘all churches’. I don’t know how the meaning of all churches. There are many church, the Catholic Churches and the Protestant Churches. I think, this name was formed before the conflict in the Church. So, the mother of all churches aims the mother of the Churches of all Christians, the protestant and the catholic.
Happy Sunday all.

San Pietro in Vincoli, Ravenna, Italy.
Gordi

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.